Thursday, July 31, 2008

L for lion. A for ass

"Two punjabi paneer pizzas and a coke".
"Okay sir, your name..?"
"Lakshya"
"WAAT?"
"Laksh-ya...."
"What ya"
"L - A - K - S - H -Y - A"
"Right sir. 30 minutes nahin toh free..thank you."
The guy at dominoes is either suffering from an acute bout of amnesia or his brains are stuffed with melted mozarella. Whatever the reason, he never gets my name right. A week ago my telephonic conversation with "Mr Stuffed Crust" was much the same. The only difference...? I had the time of my life thinking of acronyms for the blessed letters in my name.
"yeah.. Thats L for lion, A for ass.. K for..."
There's something in my name that makes people go berserk. And pizzaman's not the only one. My name was an instant hit with the staff at school. My chemistry professor.. a full blooded Tamilian from Tirunelveli used to call me "Laksyya". Over time it evolved and became "Lakspappa". He even composed a jingle to go with it.

Lakspappa, lakspappa
O lakspappa...
Why you got big zero
O lakspappa
Go and learn some chemistry
O lakspappa

And then as if "lakspappa" was not enough my vice principal initiated a detailed analysis on my name. Every now and then he used to jump at me with that sinister expression on his face..

"Do you know what your name means"
>I blink<
"Lakshya means aim. Unfortunately my son, the only thing I've seen you aim for is the toilet right after drowning your lunch"

As I stood before him... trapped, cornered and defeated; he dealt the final blow. His trump card.

"You are like an archer in a tornado... God bless you my son.."

In times like these.. I desperately longed for lakspappa.

N. B. If you are still having probs with my name.. Call me lakspappa... After all, as Shakespeare once said

"Whats in a name?"

Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.yahoo.com

1 comment:

Nameless Fameless said...

hahahahahahaha ...... OH my GAWD !!!! lol. ... ROFL ... Lakspapapa ???hahahahaha